it takes a long time to load but worth it
Brick City: Earthquake rescue
This is our contribution to GDevelop Game Jam #1 in which we came 2nd place out of 215 in community vote.
The city is suffering from severe earthquakes and needs rebuilding.
Stack up the elements and select Next scene from the bottom right sign.
Easy - elements snap into the grid and become static.
Normal - Blocks snap to grid, stay as dynamic, so stack them from bottom up.
Hard - Blocks don't snap to grid, they stay as dynamic, proper stacking is mandatory.
Backstory of the development
The idea came from Teemu in the dawn of the start of the game jam and we had a walk with the dogs while talking about what to do and we had a semi working prototype done in a weekends time.
It's was an awfully fun project to do and we were really excited to participate in the jam to begin with as well as to see how we were doing in the competition.
Here's all the results of the GDevelop Game Jam #1
Final release v1.0.2203031
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Authors||Tulenväki Productions, Teemu (Tulenväki), RamiN(Tulenvaki)|
|Made with||Adobe Photoshop, GDevelop, Audacity, Adobe Illustrator, PixiJS, GIMP|
|Tags||2D, City Builder, My First Game Jam, Physics, Point & Click|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, One button|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Minor bugfixesMar 15, 2022
- And the voting results are here!Mar 04, 2022
- Final release 1.0.2203031 with bug fixes.Mar 03, 2022
- Continuing Brick City development with Building EditorFeb 26, 2022
- GameJam games we've really liked (updating list)Feb 23, 2022
- Planned changes after GameJamFeb 22, 2022
- Few simpe bugs were found, bare with them...Feb 21, 2022
- Version 1.0 released just in the nick of time.Feb 20, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is a very well made construction game. The mechanic is simple yet fun, and the aesthetic gives the feel of a construction site in modern day civilization.
Very cool, unique game, and fun to play!